With our kiddos going back to school – let’s make sure they arrive safely no matter how they get there!
- Try to stay at least 6ft away from the curb when the bus is approaching
- If you must cross the street to get to the bus stop, always look both ways and make eye contact with your bus driver
- Stay seated while the bus is in motion
- Always ride on the right side of the road and obey all traffic laws
- Wear a properly fitted helmet – always
- Be alert of traffic around you
- Walk on the sidewalk if available, if not walk facing the traffic
- Always use crosswalks and look both ways before crossing
- Avoid distracted walking – take off headphones & avoid texting
- Obey school zone speed limits
- Avoid distracted driving
- Make eye contact with children crossing the street
- Be patient and always let pedestrians go first
Visit www.safekids.org for more information!
Let’s talk helmet safety! With sports kicking off around the state it is important that we ensure our student athletes are fitted with the appropriate helmet!
Your helmet should be:
• Well maintained
• Age appropriate
• Worn consistently and correctly
• Appropriately certified for use