With our kiddos going back to school – let’s make sure they arrive safely no matter how they get there!
- Try to stay at least 6ft away from the curb when the bus is approaching
- If you must cross the street to get to the bus stop, always look both ways and make eye contact with your bus driver
- Stay seated while the bus is in motion
- Always ride on the right side of the road and obey all traffic laws
- Wear a properly fitted helmet – always
- Be alert of traffic around you
- Walk on the sidewalk if available, if not walk facing the traffic
- Always use crosswalks and look both ways before crossing
- Avoid distracted walking – take off headphones & avoid texting
- Obey school zone speed limits
- Avoid distracted driving
- Make eye contact with children crossing the street
- Be patient and always let pedestrians go first
Visit www.safekids.org for more information!